Friday, June 8, 2012

Family Style Chili Night

Cost: $12-15 (?)

Prep: 20 minutes

We broke out the slow-cooker again. It has been awhile, but I really wanted to make chili.

There is something about this food that means that it needs to be made in a giant batch.

So, because my parents are doing a major home-renovation that has essentially left all of their furniture piled in their kitchen, we invited them over to join us.

I like to eat my chili with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips. My parents are more "buns" people, but that is TOO BAD! My brother is more of a "nothing with anything resembling a vegtable person", so even though he tried a few bites so as not to hurt my feelings, he eventually ate Pizza Pops.
We aren't classy people, and we don't pretend to be, so I didn't even bother with side plates. Hey, at least we all had bowls and our own spoons. Regardless, it beats eating on top of your dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment