Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ebizo


Mommy has a date with her girlfriend Amanda. We are off to see the ballet, but first we stopped at Ebizo Sushi for a meal.

The highlight, of course, was the company, but it was also nice to try somewhere I have never been before.

I have tried to eat at Ebizo before, but it is so small we have never managed to get a table. However, Amanda thought ahead and we had a reservation.

Here is my first observation: very limited menu. Also, some of the menu items are given Canadian names (like deep fried tofu) instead of what it actually is, and that threw me off.

We shared some edamame to begin, and it was WAY too salty. There was almost a crust of salt. Amanda, an Ebizo lover, said this was not usual.


I then had a Miso soup. This was great.


I was very jealous of Amanda's other appetizer, tuna sashimi. When I was pregnant with Charlie, my biggest desire was tuna, and it turns out it is again. Seriously, when this baby is born, all my friends better have some raw fish waiting for me. Anyway, I asked Amanda how it was, and she said, "Meh", and I said, "Really? It looks really good." She then said, "Oh it is. I just didn't want to make you feel bad."

Anyway, my focus became the sushi. I tried 3 rolls.


The first was the BC roll (bbq salmon skin). It may sound like an odd criticism, but there was too much salmon and it made the roll way too dry. It wasn't bad though.

The second roll was a shrimp tempura roll. I didn't like that it has 2 slices of avocado and 2 of cucumber. The rice was also so thin, each roll fell apart every time I picked one up.

The last roll was a tempura yam roll. It was WONDERFUL.

Amanda also had sushi, but I can't remember what it was.


Anyway, I can't say if I liked Ebizo or not. I think I need to wait to rate it until I have had a chance to have "real" sushi there.





Ebizo Sushi on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. this comment is useless. waste your time somewhere else. maybe write a review when you actually have an opinion, and if there is an extra slice of avocado maybe take it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are crazy and yes, your comment is useless and I should have wasted my time else where. I am entitled to my opinion on my own blog when ever I want to have it.

      Delete
    2. You are crazy and yes, your comment is useless and I should have wasted my time else where. I am entitled to my opinion on my own blog when ever I want to have it.

      Delete