Sunday, June 3, 2012

Prawn Fettucini with Greek Salad

Cost: $12

Prep: 40 minutes

This dinner was expensive, and there was a lot of prep, but it was so good and oh so worth it!

I started by making a Greek salad. we already had the green pepper at home, and while at the store, we noticed black olives, tomatoes, feta, and cucumber were all on sale. However, anything with this many ingredients adds up.

Prawns were also on sale. $1 per pound. The only thing that annoyed me was the ones we bought (from the seafood counter) were still kind of frozen, and by the time that I was cooking, there was about 5 ounces of water in the bag, and I hate that I paid for that. Add another tick to the "Reasons to Stop Shopping at Thrifty's" list.

Anyway, I cleaned the prawns.















I lightly cooked the prawns in a bit of olive oil.
















I added 3/4 of a Garlic Philadelphia cooking cream.

















While I was doing this, I cooked up some Oliveri fettucini noodle. They came in little nests, which looked cool, but something about this made them stick really bad while cooking. Although it tasted good, I'm not sure that this is a product I will buy again (although I do have more to use up).

Anyway, everyone enjoyed this meal, including Charlie who made a solid attempt to eat off his big boy plate. However, it turns out that Chuck is not a fan of prawns. Who's child is this? Just kidding; we will love him despite his short comings :)






No comments:

Post a Comment