Friday, June 8, 2012

Tortellini a la Veg

Prep: 20 minutes

Cost: $10

I tried to get Charlie to help me make dinner, but he did this instead.


So, I got out all the Costco sized ingredients: broccoli, asparagus, and tortellini.


Well, the tortellini wasn't from Costco; it was Compliments brand from Thrifty's. It tasted just like the Olivieri one, but the package is like 300 grams more. We still haven't decided if it was too much, as there is still some in the fridge and it has been 4 days. We MAYBE ate 1/2.


Anyway, I heated up a can of tomato sauce, steamed some of the veggies and boiled the pasta. I added the small bits of broccoli and sauce to the pasta.


We ate it with a large helping of parmesan and a side of asparagus...well, I ate a bit of asparagus and then it made me gag. Oh well!


Charlie was a fan. He has taken to signing and saying "more", and this meal got many "mores".







No comments:

Post a Comment